July 7, 2020
Daniale L (Moderator)
Eme (Outgoing Vice Moderator, Incoming Board Member At-Large)
Jocelyn F (Incoming Treasurer)
Lana A (Incoming Vice Moderator)
Mathias Q (Former Treasurer, Secretary; non-voting)
Arianna L (Incoming Secretary)
Establish Board Roles
- Jocelyn has come on as treasurer
- Lana will be vice moderator
- Arianna will be secretary
- As elected board members, Lana, Jocelyn, and Arianna are now authorized check signers.
- Outgoing Board Members Mathias, Marcy, and Nancy are no longer authorized check signers.
- 6-2-20 Meeting Minutes-review and approval: Approved
Worship Committee Report
- The committee has a mostly-complete plan for July and part of August
- The board discussed whether there would be a service reporting back on General Assembly. Possibly in September.
- The committee continues to discuss how best to involve children
Social Justice Committee Report
- The committee has been discussing July and August Special Collections ideas
- There are a lot of ideas for Indigenous Peoples theme for next year
- There was a conflict of meeting time with service preparation meeting, so the SJ meeting time was changed.
RE Committee Report
- Kate officially stepped into RE Coordinator role
Childcare position will dissolve temporarily
- Lana will submit documentation
- A Google Group has now been set up to communicate with parents and RE committee members
- Kate is working on Popcorn Theology
- Motion to appoint Jocelyn to the board to finish Mathias’ term (one more year): Approved
- Jocelyn is working with the finance committee and nominating committee to hopefully begin training a new secretary for next year.
- We had a good month of better than projected income and expenses.
- Assets are just over $61,000
- CCCU Information - We need every board member to fill out a bank form and to provide two forms of ID and signatures. Mathias will coordinate this.
- Mathias will update a renewed Minister’s contract or delegate to the Committee on Ministry.
- Finance Committee is being established: Jocelyn Furbush, Mathias Quackenbush, David Delk, D’on Voelzke.
- What recommendations for duties do we have (see the doc Mathias sent): Finance committee will review the roles and specify which jobs can be delegated to another board member.
Membership Committee Report *** see below
- Daniale will ask Linda MacPherson about progress of Digital Refresh
- Worship Committee Report
Endowment Committee Members
- Bios below (Karl Arruda (from task force), Barbara Ross, Kathy Scanlan)
- Motion to approve Committee Members: Approved
The UUA recommends congregations remain digital until May 2021. The board discussed whether we should consider doing otherwise?
- We have to be thoughtful of the age of our population and the other users of our building, who are mostly high-risk. We also don’t know enough about the trajectory of the virus, and other states that have opened do not have encouraging results.
- Perhaps we can think about offering small in-person gatherings, or let folks self-select to do that.
- Board members feel no rush to break from UUA guidelines
- Let’s revisit the question in September
Staffing Considerations: UUA doc
- Besides the childcare position, we’ll maintain staff and rentals unless/until we run into budget issues.
- The UUA recommends congregations remain digital until May 2021. The board discussed whether we should consider doing otherwise?
- Some more discussion about how to include families in digital services. RE Committee will meet next week to continue troubleshooting.
To Confirm when meeting in person:
- Meeting Notes April, May, June, July
- Endowment Committee Members
- Board Discretionary Fund for Zoom License
- Congregation: Annual Meeting Notes/voting
- Ron would like time to discuss ordering rainbow chalice tees-- waiting until logo is finalized.
- GA2022: will send an email via the newsletter to determine if anyone is interested in hosting any activity.
- Food Justice Task Force
- Confirm Next Meeting Date: 8/4/20, 7pm