April 2, 2019
Wy’east UUC Board Minutes
Tuesday, April 2 , 2019
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
Present: Daniale, Lana, Craig, Paul, Marcy, and Mathias
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Moved and approved
-Child dedication is coming in April...4 to be dedicated
-UU statements to include Islam is being considered, and hopefully see progress.
-Milly R. is being considered to take over in July if an emergency occurs
-Church Software update
GA - available is $500 in board discretionary for leadership development;
- 3 Options: Jocelyn a per diem for GA ($100), cover GA Youth attendance for Alana ($240), and reimbursement for music for UUM conference for Linda Jo of any left over($160)
- Net worth is over $58,000 currently...We are a couple thousand ahead.
- Budget category changes: click the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SxlIKj0DanQjn5TIEgXXEwagpXMGO7YUoXZFfDQLbHw/edit?usp=sharing
- Rose City Park rent will increase 4%
- Church DB for the first 6 mos. And then have a transition period. Starting in June Ministry Tracker will start being charged for the transition for the new person.
- Budget meeting is 5/5
Worship Committee Report
- New script that is being tested
- Trying to sort out next year’s schedule
Social Justice Committee Report
- Theme: A year of democracy: voting rights and activism
- Theme is being considered for next year: a year in democracy and activism
- Excited about the sustained partnership vote approval
- Considering moving out of the IMIrG support and moving that to the Girl Scouts Beyond Bars
GA Delegates: Jocelyn & Alana?
- PNWD Nominating Committee Report (voting on it at GA)
Jocelyn and Alana will be the delegates (they were the only 2 interested)
- Since our congregation has a lot going, we will not send nominating committee members there.
Canvas Committee (this item will be the main focus of the meeting)
- We have received 12 of the 43 pledges that we have distributed for a total of $15,720. This represents 20% of budget with 20% of total pledges.
- It has been great having people talking about what Wy’East means to them.
-Annual Report: Marcy will send email to the committee chairs, and send a copy of an old report as a guide; information directory has who is the chair of each committee. By next meeting will send it out and hopefully get responses. Annual Meeting is 5/19.
Adding standing committees to bylaws-Marcy will write it up and throw it to the next board meeting to approve/edit: Highlight before and after changes or “track changes” on google doc 1.) Adding the committees (social justice and membership) to standing committees with their mission statements. It will be done next time, and will read it over to double check wording.
-Close-Up Procedure: if the main 2 people are not there things get put back wrong or misplaced.
-Put the closing procedure in a binder with sleeves (Mathias has the papers and sleeves and will do)
-Paul will email asking for adding more people to the pool to learn the procedure.
Confirm Next Meeting Date: 5/7, 7pm
Meeting motion and approved to adjourn