December 4, 2018
Wy’east UUC Board Minutes
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Meeting called to order at 7 pm
Present: Daniale, Craig, Mathias, Hadrian, Paul, and Marcy
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Meeting minutes approved
- UU World article mentions Bie regarding the Thai translations of the UU Principles she did for Wy’East!
- Went to a meeting with Sarah Schurr
- A few new members will be starting the path to membership class soon
- Yearly goal of possibly starting a credit card swipe system during service and to use during fundraisers
- To summarize, our income for the month was $10667, compared to a budgeted income of $7050. Our expenses were $6817 compared to a budgeted expense of $6556. This left us with a surplus of $3850 for the month, over 3000 ahead of our budgeted surplus of $495. For the year, we are up by about 3500 where we had planned to be down by about 2500. Either we're seeing our year-end bump early, or it's much larger than expected. We'll know what December has brought soon enough.
Worship Committee Report
- Finding Worship Associates is limited in the pool of people to choose from...we need to find more people
- Still planning some of the services for the year
Social Justice Committee Report:
-Sustained Partnership with Girl Scouts Beyond Bars
-Documents for approval
- Planned through March currently with the special collections
- It was suggested that a sustained partnership approval with Girl Scouts Beyond Bars needs more information about what it means to be in a partnership with them
- Possibly partnership terminology may need to be reworded
- More information about the project and what it will entail is needed.
- Daniale will forward us more information about this
RE Chair Search
- Feeler are still out there for finding a RE chair
- A congregant is looking at a new website host that may be better to navigate.
- We will come back to this issue when more information is available
Strategic Planning Committee Report Update
- A revision regarding the RE concern from last meeting will be made to the document
- Marcy will email Sarah Schurr: how to go forward with document, and how to present it to the congregation
- Marcy will send out the final draft of the report with the changes to the board for approval
- They would like to be an official committee versus an ad-hoc committee
- Survey they sent out last week was awesome!
- We may need to look at a revision in the bylaws to bring it up to the status of “standing committee”
Confirm Next Meeting Date: 1/8, 7pm
Meeting confirmed, Linda will be emailed about having meeting a week later.
Meeting moved and approved to adjourn.
Respectfully Submitted by Marcy S