October 10, 2017
Board Meeting 10/10/17
Present: Bruce, Craig, Mathias, Daniale, Paul
Meeting called to order at 7:08
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
- Bruce moves to approve, Paul seconds, all approve, motion carries.
Treasurer’s Report: Shared via email
- Income looks good for this month, we currently at a surplus (yard sale was a bonus, plus additional pledges)
- As an FYI, we raised less than usual for Advocacy 5, probably due to cancellation of speaker.
Worship Committee Report
- New worship associates have gone well
- Still working on the new Order of Service--going well, just finessing the details
- Discussing the possibility of a shorter, but more frequent newsletter, and a movement to digital
- Possibility of adjusting joys & sorrows to stones in a bowl instead of the tea candles
- Choir, increased music seems to be drawing people
- Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday this year--perhaps no morning service and instead just doing the traditional evening service (with plenty advance notice)
Minister’s Report: Shared via email
- Excited about the translation of the principles into Thai that will be a button on the UUA site
Strategic Planning Committee
- Bruce has gotten some volunteers to join the committee! A few in person and several more via email, and a variety of newer and older members.
- Lana is new DRE, Linda Burke would like to do a little celebration: an introduction at the beginning of the service, and cake at the end. (Bruce will make sure this gets planned)
New Board member has been nominated: Barbara Dow.
- Will be available for Board Meetings in November
- Bruce moves to accept, Mathias seconds, all approve, motion carries
Oregon UU Voices for Justice this weekend
- Mathias would like to move in an active direction organizing UUs together for democratic justice
- Schedule Next Two Meetings’ Dates & Times
Bruce moves adjourn, Mathias seconds, all approve, motion carries
- Creating a document for potential volunteers, perhaps a check-list that could get funneled to the membership committee or a volunteer coordinator
Meeting adjourned at 8:05