“5th Sunday Inaugural Day of Service: Hollywood Neighborhood Clean-up” - Diane Ingle and Larry Burt
Each church year there are 4 months that have a 5th Sunday. As part of our lay-led ministry, we will be using these Sundays to offer an alternative to traditional worship. In lieu of holding a service, either in-person or on Zoom, we will be organizing a group service project we can do together instead.
Join us on October 30th for our Inaugural 5th Sunday Day of Service. Wy'east Members Diane Ingle and Larry Burt have partnered with SOLV to do a neighborhood cleanup in the Hollywood Neighborhood. Our goals are to help make the area a safer, cleaner, more pleasant area to visit and to help build community spirit among our members. Volunteers will pick up litter in the Hollywood neighborhood business area within a four block radius surrounding our meeting placeThis is a private event for Wy'east Unitarian Universalist Church Congregation in lieu of the regular Sunday October 30th Service.
- We will meet in the parking lot at the back of the Center for Positive Aging at 10:30am (masks encouraged) and finish at 12:00. RAIN or SHINE!
- SOLV will provide trash bags, trash pickers, disposable gloves, and high-visibility vests.
- Volunteers should wear clothing appropriate for the weather including closed-toe shoes and long pants; also bring a filled reusable water bottle, and an umbrella if it looks like rain. A small backpack is also suggested to carry any extra clothing and the water bottle.
- Parking and transit are available the same as for our regular Sunday morning church service.
- Bathrooms are available at the Hollywood Library and at various businesses in the area.
- All participants must sign a SOLV waiver to participate - Click Here to Sign the Waiver. Paper forms will also be available at the meeting site. You don't have to sign up ahead of time. You can just show up!
Children are Welcome!:
- Childcare will be provided at the Center for Positive Aging
- This is an all-ages event. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you have further questions, contact Diane Ingle at 503-936-6947 or Larry Burt at 503-329-6397
There will be NO Virtual Service nor Multi-Platform Sunday at 10:30.